Okay, so I’m playing on the recent plethora of award programs, but the real deal is that we just completed our first contest for “Vitamin K” subscribers. And while we lack the glitz and glamour of the HOLLYWOOD versions, we have our own little celebration.
The task was to come up with as many POSITIVE adjectives for each day of the week as you could that began with the letters of that day — such as “Magnificent” Monday or “Terrific” Tuesday — without using a Thesaurus or the like, but you could “phone a friend” for help. Honor system invoked! There would be 5 winners — one for each day M-F — and the prize would be a copy of my favorite book, “Illusions; the Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah” by Richard Bach. Great fun in the contest and our winners are:
- Monday — Annie H. from Central New York
- Tuesday– Stephanie C. from… Ontario, Canada
- Wednesday — Tamara S. from Washington State
- Thursday — Alun L. from the UK and…
- Friday — Charulata C. from Central New York
What’s particularly cool, is that a couple of people reeeeally got into it and let their minds run; submitted words that might not ordinarily be considered positive, but presented them with “justification” of how they could be MADE to be positive in conjunction with other words. It was pretty energizing. really.
The prize awards were for most usable words, and as you’ll see below, some days were tougher than others. Still, we have five winners and I’m working on thinking up another contest.
SO, here are the winning groups of words for Monday through Friday:
1. “____________” Monday, via Annie from Central New York:
- Mahvelous (as in Fernando Lamas, you look MAHVELOUS Dahling)
- Minimum (downsizing expectations?)
- Mad (as in fun mad not bad mad!)
- Major(ly), Majority (Rules?…sometimes)
- Mathematical (Math CAN be postive!!)
- Movin’ (and groovin’!)
- Minus (sometimes subtracting something can be GOOD!)
- Matters Most—do 2 words count?…if so,
- Mitts-On (as in catch that ball or whatever and GO with it!)
- Make-up, Mop-up, Money-making, More-Like-It
- Mix-It-Up (okay, I know 3 words might be pushing it)
Note: I included her whole list. I *did* rule out a couple of these, but I LOVED the imagination & energy.
2. “____________” Tuesday, via Stephanie in Ontario Canada:
- Tenacious Tuesday (tenacity is a good thing, especially in achieving goals and getting through the hard stuff, which then makes life easier again)
- Tremulous Tuesday (as in vibrating with excitement, with a plethora of energy, with amazing ideas)
- Tree-hugging Tuesday (I am a self-confessed tree-hugger and yogurt eater! Hugging a tree, walking barefoot in the grass, lifting one’s face to the sun – all good, energy-boosting, mood-enhancers!)
- Tender Tuesday - (tenderness is good – to your family, towards your coworkers, to strangers. Hold a door open, smile at a stranger, bring the homeless person a meal. You’ll feel great!)
- Timely Tuesday – what have you been avoiding, not wanting to face. Don’t let it eat you, just face it, do it, and your happiness can re-instate itself full force)
- Transitional Tuesday
- Talented Tuesday
- Tasteful Tuesday
- Triumphant Tuesday
- Tangential Tuesday (as in leading down a new path)
- Too-good-to-be-true Tuesday
- Test-it-out Tuesday
- Tinker Tuesday (play with an idea, an object, fix something)
- Tipping Point Tuesday
- Testimonial Tuesday (as in share with a friend or colleague)
- Toe-to-toe Tuesday
3. “______________” Wednesday, via Tamara in Washington State
4. “______________” Thursday, via Alun in the UK
- Thoroughly (a Thoroughly, thrilling, Thankful, and Thrusting Thursday!)
5. “______________” Friday, via Charulata in Central New York
- Finally Friday
That’s it for this time. Look for these and MORE to show up in future Vitamin K Daily Dose’s Right now, I have to get those prizes in the mail before the winners think I’ve changed my mind.
Have an AWESOME day.